View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 12:03 PM   #373
BoldlyDubious
what if...?
BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: paper & electrophoretic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
They treat me like small child; you want to treat me as a criminal. I can easily overcome the first and go my own way; I may be marked for life by the second.
Why a criminal? I want you (and everyone else) to be treated like an adult, responsible person. About "being marked for life", this is what I wrote in my proposal:
When a buyer gets fined for illegal distribution at time Y, she/he cannot be fined again for illegal distribution of files she/he bought before time Y.
So you are not marked at all. You get one single fine, and that's it. Finished :-)
Quote:
That's just silly. We're talking about BOOKS, not firearms or booze or anything that could cause real damage if one acts irresponsibly.
In this contex, "damage" is economic damage. The economic damage caused to publishers from illegal distribution of media is the reason why we are getting oppressed by silly (though hardly working) DRM schemes and -worst- because publishers are lobbying to get absurd (and dangerous for democracy) laws passed.
This is not silly at all.
Quote:
So ... if the mower (the e-book) gets stolen while in my possession, let's blame Joe (the author/publisher) for not safeguarding his lawnmower (e-book), for trusting me (the customer) in the first place. Joe (the author/publisher) clearly should have chained it (DRMed it) and never let it out of his control.
What?!? By your definition of blame, if anyone gets robbed it's always her/his own fault if that happened...
BoldlyDubious is offline   Reply With Quote