View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 12:17 PM   #4
dgatwood
Curmudgeon
dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Nook Simple Touch
Ah. I forgot to add -webkit-user-select: none on the body tag. The long press should no longer put it into text copy mode. See if that fixes its behavior.

What I would expect, assuming the Kobo touch behaves as I would expect it to, is that it will behave similarly to iOS, which means the onmousedown should fail with a time of zero (iOS usually sends onmousedown and onmouseup when you stop touching the button), but the ontouchsstart should pass. At least that's what I'm hoping will happen.

Regarding the latency test, I suspect that isn't going to tell me what I need because of the slow refresh rate of the e-ink screen. Maybe I should have done whole seconds instead of tenths. Fixed.

The bigger question I was trying to answer, however, can probably be answered by anyone who actually uses the device, and that is this: how long does it take between when you tap a link and when something starts happening?

On the Kindle Touch (which I'm returning), it had almost a two second lag between a button press and when anything started happening, which for my purposes is about two seconds too long. On my iPhone, or my laptop, it's essentially instant, which is what I'd expect from a browser.
dgatwood is offline   Reply With Quote