View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 07:07 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziegl027 View Post
I tried searching some threads, but didn't get as clear an answer as I would like....
Is there ANY way to annotate multi-column (like a scientific journal article) PDF's on a DX? Can you convert it into someother format, for instance, and then annotate? I've seen some posts referring to being able to annotate PDF's with their K3's. If this is true, it seems like you should be able to do so on the DX????

The PDF annotation features are only on K3 at present. It remains to be seen if there will be an update to add this to earlier models - or any updates for previous models for that matter. Amazon is only now getting K3's software squared away (3rd round of updates is in preview/beta), which has to be their top priority.

Even so, the annotations are only readable by a Kindle. In other words, they do not utilize the PDF annotation layer, so you could not copy the PDF back to your computer and view these annotations, or share them with someone without a Kindle.

You can try to convert the PDF to Kindle format, and annotate the converted file. Even in the best case you would not retain any of the formatting or page numbering (2 columns etc.), just content. These annotations are only viewable on a Kindle (or Kindle app). If the PDF is not properly tagged, the results of conversion may not be very usable.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote