View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 11:49 AM   #17
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trubu View Post

It does require a fairly major shift in thinking, though. The old file/folder metaphor is hard to let go of completely.
Kovid talked a bit about this when he discussed how he structured Calibre.
I'm an old computer guy, so the file/folder metaphor is comfortable to me, so it is difficult to adjust.

My son started using computers thru websites like Flickr, and he tags everything. On the Mac, he never uses the Finder, and doesn't file stuff. Everything is tagged and searched for using Spotlight. It is just a different approach to getting stuff done-he also adjusted to the iPhone and iPad with zero difficulties.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote