View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 05:03 PM   #141
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
First of all many thanks to Willus on this great application.

I read a lot of scanned pdf's on 6" eink readers and k2pdfopt has been my main weapon for about year now.

Before k2pdfopt I used Bris, Pdfscissors, Abbyy Finereader 10, Scantaylor etc. to crop margins and then print out such cropped pdf in Adobe Acrobat in Tile page mode (now also possible in Adobe Reader as Posters mode) for landscape dimension (about 120x85 mm).

Now I usually use Bris together with k2pdfopt, first to crop pdf with Bris then print pdf in landscape mode with k2pdfopt with wrap turned off, margins on zero and output 185 ppi instead of 167.

What I would like to see in new version of k2pdfopt is posibility to crop ocr-ed pdf image at exactly the text width !!!

Is it possible to somehow use ocr coordinates to crop pdf image?

It is matter of seconds to crop textual pdf with many viewers or editors there, so why is there no such command for pdf image with ocr in background?

For those who didn't know there is nice free online pdf croping service for files under 10 MB that i sometimes use for ocr-ed pdf image.

You can split your pdf if it is too big and then upload those parts.

http://stripdf.com/

Last edited by markom; 09-05-2012 at 07:54 PM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote