View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 04:57 PM   #29
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It's nice when a story has romantic elements in it and the focus point is more on the plot than the relationship. I think this is why I enjoy Cozies that have a touch of romance but not too much.
I love romance books that delve more into the story and relationship. Aside from the initial "oh he is good looking/hot" and well choreographed sex scenes - I love scenarios around their joint or separate lives and how they deal with it, decisions etc. I like to feel I've gotten to know a character's, well, character and enjoyed the journey of the story along with them....

In spite of being a prude in my real life, I find I can tolerate a fair amount of sex scenes in a story's context. But once in a while it is refreshing to read in a book, like my husband did yesterday as he showed me his reader on the bus, "And they made love in the fields", and that was the extent of the "sex scene".
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote