View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 04:14 PM   #48
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
The NYTimes today has posted a few letters they've received in response to their Dec. 24 article: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/30/opinion/l30ebook.html (requires free registration to view). One of the letters, which I'll post without comment, caught my attention:

"One of the reasons collectors like me buy “traditional” books is to add them to our libraries, to include them in a tribute to the craft of writing. However, if we look at the books we can buy today, we find precious few we would be proud to display. Most of the books out there today are so transitory they hardly deserve the paper they are printed on.

That means that for me, and I suspect for other collectors as well, the Kindle, which I own, and its cousins are perfect for today’s disposable literature."
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote