View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 05:25 PM   #46
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Data and information in this post are out of date. Please see post #1 for information on how to apply the patches under Windows.

Since the patching tool for Windows I posted there seems not to work on some version of Windows, I made a similar package, but with GeoffR's executable instead of mine.

USAGE:
  • extract the content of the archive to (for instance) C:\env_pa32lsb-v0.6-win32\
  • copy libnickel.so.1.0.0 and librmsdk.so.1.0.0 to C:\env_pa32lsb-v0.6-win32\3.3.0_source\
  • edit the configuration files in C:\env_pa32lsb-v0.6-win32\3.3.0_source\ if you like
  • double-click on C:\env_pa32lsb-v0.6-win32\3.3.0.bat
  • find KoboRoot.tgz in C:\env_pa32lsb-v0.6-win32\3.3.0_target\
See the spoiler for an alternative usage.

Updated version: I renamed the executable so that no elevated user rights are needed.

Updated version 2: Reworked it a little in order to make the usage more similare to the linux version. (Users of an earlier version, please be aware that I renamed the configuration files in order to match GeoffR's convention.) An instruction for Linux and Windows could look like this:

Spoiler:
1. Download patch32lsb_330.zip attached to this post* [env_pa32lsb-v0.6-win32 attached to post#46], and extract into a working directory.
2. Download the Kobo firmware archive version 3.3.0 for your device (See this thread) into [the 3.3.0_source subdirectory of] the same working directory as step 1. (do not extract).
3. Read and edit all the *.patch files [of the 3.3.0_source directory] in order to: choose which patches to enable (patch_enable=`yes`) or disable (patch_enable=`no`); change some of the replacement values to suit your device and preferences. (See the section below on customising the patches.)
4. Run make-patch.sh [3.3.0_unpack.bat] from the command line [or double-click on it], so that any errors can be noted.
5. If there were no errors, copy the resulting KoboRoot.tgz [from 3.0.0_target] to the .kobo directory on your ereader.
6. Safely eject and unplug the device, which will then update and restart.
* Actually post #1

I added a second bat-file (3.3.0_unpack.bat). 3.3.0_unpack.bat assumes that there is the correct Kobo FW archive in the directory 3.3.0_source, and extracts the necessary files (libnickel.so.1.0.0 and librmsdk.so.1.0.0 in this case) before patching. 3.3.0.bat assumes that these necessary files are already in the directory 3.3.0_source.

How to modify the package for other FW versions:
Copy the two bat-files and rename it to {OtherFWVersion}.bat and {OtherFWVersion}_unpack.bat (actually both files have the same content, but behave differently on account of the name).
Create a directory with the name {OtherFWVersion}_source, put the configuration files into it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip env_pa32lsb-v0.6-win32.zip (422.2 KB, 260 views)

Last edited by tshering; 04-30-2014 at 10:04 AM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote