View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 09:11 AM   #21
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Oh, I understand. I shouldn't have put it so bluntly, which is not the best way to say something when someone has just bought a new unit. (I remember now this happened to me with my PB360; shortly after buying it, the newer model came out and I wasn't too happy...)

Anyway, I too will be in line waiting to buy a new mini when that front-lit one ever comes out. Even now, it's hard to resist, but every time I turn off the light on my Glo, I find that I simply enjoy it too much when it's always on.

Don
That's very considerate of you!

I also bought the Kobo mini two days ago but after the experiences of a 450$ Sony prs500 in 2007 and an 800$ iPad one in 2010 I can say that spending 60$ on a very functional reading tool it doesn't hurt as much knowing that it will be outclassed soon. It's part of evolution...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
The solution is, of course, to make the case larger.....say, perhaps, the size of an Aura! That'll hold a bigger battery and then one can have a mini with a battery that lasts 6 months!

Dr. ['The Flawed Thinker'] Drib
It's not that bad a solution. But there's an easier one. LiOn batteries are quite malleable and are set inside a sealed pouch. Most devices have empty spaces that could be filled with battery medium.(in this item's case the bezel is huge) They probably want to use existing components instead of complicating production with creating new ones. It is essential in such an affordable device. They probably manufacture it for less than 5$ a piece. The rest of the price is to feed the distribution chain as always...
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote