View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 02:47 PM   #15
Alfy
Liseur de Bonne Aventure
Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6charlong View Post
Kobo sells their books in plain vanilla ePub OR in kePub format although to get the kePub version you need an eReader capable of rendering kePub, which means a Kobo reader.
I am not well acquainted with the kePub format, so I would have a couple of questions:

- Why do you actually need a Kobo reader? Isn't just a question of proprietary software? In which case I'm wondering if the Sony readers will get updated for it...

- Do kePubs play nice with Alf? Considering my recent experience with Sony, this is now clearly a must...

But it's nice to hear some good things about Kobo. For one, I like what I have seen from their most recent hardware, although I'm still loath to drop that much on a product I have not been able to physically hold.
Alfy is offline   Reply With Quote