View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 11:16 PM   #23
jblitereader
Addict
jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.

Device: jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutterjohn42 View Post
I'll add another note here since this thread is at the top... thermal management is AWFUL with this tablet... even with almost everything shut down and just using it to read a text document tonight in iReader the side oppo of the button was becoming "malleable", and local temps are probably at best c. 70F...

Hate to see what it would've been like when we were in the 90Fs and still mid-high 80sF at the same time...

(batt loc was, of course, the hottest.. they need to add vents if they're not going to spring for metal alloy cases! MY nb has vent back/side/bottom! Only screen protection is aluminum!)

[EDIT]
*cough*
I've only owned mine since Saturday evening...
[/EDIT]

side oppo hw buttons in portrait mode was getting to be quite malleable... lotsa flexing... not good...
I highly recommend you read my review at the link. I found a solution for your heating issue. You need to download and apply advanced task killer from my website. Even though it appears that nothing is running, you actually have a dozen different things running, which drains the battery and heats up your device. ATK will kill all those tasks. Your battery life will be a lot better and the device will be much cooler. Trust me on this.
jblitereader is offline   Reply With Quote