View Single Post
Old 06-27-2009, 11:06 AM   #92
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
sweet fuzzy squirrels on a cracker, never in my LIFE have i seen a more ridiculous list of words !!! i mean, be honest, the word "poodle" is pretty silly to begin with (in french they are called "caniche" by the way, not nearly as ridiculous) but it is clearly impossible to combine this word with any other one without obtaining the sort of result which will leave even the strongest and least easily-amused person snickering and pointing (and for those who tend naturally toward the sillier end of the spectrum, i would expect reactions to include copious rofling).
I can handle reactions like these (snickering & rofling). I was walking the pupply last week when a young man said "He looks like a real killer". I responded with "She's a she!"

As long as I'm not condemned for not getting a rescue dog. I also don't want to spark any debate on rescue vs non-rescue pets. I admire those that rescue any pets. We tried, we really did, but small(ish) dogs go fast at our local shelters due to the high number of condominiums in our area. I couldn't submit a large dog to condominium life, and I'll admit it was a difficult decision to even submit a small(ish) dog to such small quarters.

There are some large dogs, some rescued, in our complex. Some seem quite content, others seem restless. Some don't get the excercise they need.

I am fortunate that I am home most days and can take our puppy for several walks a day. A lot of owners leave their dogs home alone all day when they go to work, or take them to a "doggy daycare" facility. If I wasn't going to be home most of the time, I wouldn't have gotten a dog in the first place. I don't know my neighbours that well so I couldn't depend on any of them to look after the puppy, and we have no relatives that live close by that could "look-in" on her in our absence.

WDE.

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 06-27-2009 at 12:17 PM.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote