Thread: Buy or wait
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 11:45 AM   #6
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by axel77 View Post
One day a new device from iRex will be suddendly out, nobody knows if its tomorrow, next year or never because iRex is closed.
I have to say this is looking increasingly likely. I love mine, but I bought it half-price used. I could never have justified the full price for the level of support iRex has provided. If they had on-board handwriting recognition and some better sketch software, and maybe forms software, that would be different. But they still can't even search PDFs! There have been no significant improvements in functionality from iRex since I bought mine over a year ago.

If you like the unit as-is, go ahead and buy one, but don't do so with the expectation that iRex is suddenly going to come out with much better software/firmware functionality.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote