View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 07:54 PM   #10
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corby
The information you provide will help us a lot to troubleshoot this, and we thank you for bringing this to our attention.
OK great.

I'll just talk about the desktop app, web site library and Kobo reader.

Presume I've purchased a book and it shows in the I'm Reading tab of the web site library.

The Update Library function of the desktop app will cause the book to download to the app and show as New. That part is great.

Click that book on the desktop app and it will change from New and create a bookmark. That part is great.

Connect the reader and Sync and the book will download to the reader. That part is great.

At this point I use to be able to close that book on the desktop app by clicking past the last page and if I did an Update Library on the app it would reload the book from the web site library only that once and the book would show as closed. But now, it will download each and every time I invoke an Update Library function even though I don't touch the book on the app.

If I have 50 books with bookmarks on my desktop app that I have read and am finished with them I use to be able to close them all and then they would show on my desktop app but wouldn't download from the web site library each and every time I did an Update Library on the app. I still want to see my books on the app, but I don't want them all to download every time I do an Update Library. I only want the New book I have purchased in my web site library in the I'm Reading tab to download.

If I go to page 10 of a book on the desktop app and Update Library, it downloads from the Web Site. Subsequent clicking of the Update Library function should not continually download that book. I could click Update Library five times in a row at that point and it would download that book five times. It should not. It should check the Web site and not do any download after I've done it once (unless I reopened and changed pages on that book).

I do have a silly workaround that involves sequenced deleting of the book from the I'm Reading list and the app, and some Updating, etc., but it's convoluted and a bit ridiculous, and no one would want to do that with every book. I use to be able to close the book on the app and that was it.

Also note (and this may be the root of the problem), deleting a book from the Web site I'm Reading list requires 2 deletes now. It doesn't delete on the first delete, it takes 2 separate deletes to remove a book from the I'm Reading List.

ltr
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote