View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 11:41 AM   #1
Drakon Rider
Drakon Rider began at the beginning.

Device: SmartQ5
SmartQ5 - modem init string and login data saving

I have SmartQ5 and firmware v 5.0 - it works really better the default factory firmware (less system hangs).

Current problem - the PPP dial-up application (Gnome PPP) does not saves neither user name and password nor extra modem init string. Is it possible to enter the values i need into some file (as i know Linux OS does not have registry as Windows to store parameters for applications ?) so it will apply it at the start ?

I tried to start search from the root / with the included file manager for * file containing string AT+CGDCONT (a part of default modem init string) but system hangs all the times.

The second question - is there exist any way to 'restart' Bluetooth-GPRS modem device without restarting the whole system ? I sometime get the internet connection hanging (all the status OK but data do not sends/received) and after i close connection and trying to establish again - system reports error 'no modem found' or 'modem is busy by some application'. And the only way to restore connection is full system restart.
Drakon Rider is offline   Reply With Quote