Thread: WOW!
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 12:46 AM   #7
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
You've been here a few months desertgrandma and I am glad that that was the first one you have seen. THEY found us long ago. IMHO nothing ruins a good site like bunches of SPAM. Like broken windows on a house, you have to treat it quickly before it spreads.

We are very fortunate at MR to have mods with strange hours so there is almost always one on-line to find the SPAM. When the planets align we find it and eliminate it before any member sees it. Other times we receive reports from the members that press the "Report This Post" button on the gray bar at the start of each post. This sends an email to the mods alerting them to a member's concern. Even if I am working on something else I will follow-up on a report as soon as it comes in. Many times I arrive too late to do anything as another mod has already solved the problem.

So the real story here is that we do our best to keep SPAM at bay; but, if you see SPAM report it. We would rather have multiple reports of the same SPAM so we can eliminate it rather than somehow miss it and allow others to be bothered by it.

Raise your right hand as I swear all of you in as a SPAM fighter.

(Maybe Zelda can devise a SPAM Fighter badge.)
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote