View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 09:05 PM   #1
fallsauce
fallsauce knows the square root of minus one.fallsauce knows the square root of minus one.fallsauce knows the square root of minus one.fallsauce knows the square root of minus one.fallsauce knows the square root of minus one.fallsauce knows the square root of minus one.fallsauce knows the square root of minus one.fallsauce knows the square root of minus one.fallsauce knows the square root of minus one.fallsauce knows the square root of minus one.fallsauce knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3
Best ereader with (simplified) Chinese support in Australia

I'm looking to buy an ereader for my boyfriend, who will primarily read simplified chinese ebooks (DRM-free epub). What is the best current gen ebook reader that I can buy in Australia or that will ship to Australia?

I've only researched the Kindle Touch and Sony PRS-T1

KT - doesn't support epub, but presumably Calibre will convert without much hassle. (I have a K3 but it doesn't show simplified chinese properly (some characters are boxes) - has this been fixed with the KT?)

PRS-T1 - doesn't support chinese unless a 3rd party app is installed (I assume the device has to be rooted first...). The features seem very impressive though. However, it's hugely overpriced in Australia (T1 is US$99 at the moment and AU$179 )

Haven't really heard anything good about the kobo and am leaning more towards touch screen devices... I don't think he'll be too fussed about the screen as long as the loading and page flipping is fast.

Any thoughts?
fallsauce is offline   Reply With Quote