View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 05:15 AM   #87
David58117
Groupie
David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, K4NT (To Wife), Nook ST, NSTG
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Read through this topic.
The primary concern is the reader is freezing when using touch screen for page turn, so people resort to using buttons. Some, think that it is OK. As long as the buttons work and the reader doesn't freeze it is not a big issue. I disgree with this attitude. Although, I am more disappointed with Sony lowering their quality standard. With Sony, I used to think that I pay a premium price for a premium item. Seems it is not the case anymore.
Just curious - do you have a t1?

I understand people are having issues, but I think its important to realize as well others aren't. Calling the product a disaster is a bit extreme in my mind. I use the touchscreen to turn pages maybe only 20% of the time - however, I'm not using buttons to avoid crashing, just the buttons are my preferred way of turning pages.

I've had a little over 1000 books on mine without issues, have had zero problems with browsing the local library and checking out books from the reader, and have downloaded books from the browser from various websites without issue. In all honesty, I would say this is one of the best ereaders I've used (and I've used more than just a few).

So people (especially ones who don't own it) tossing their hands up and calling it a disaster I don't understand. Sorry to the ones who own it and are having issues, I don't know if its usage habits or bad units that differ between us, but I hope it gets fixed for you guys.
David58117 is offline   Reply With Quote