View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 05:01 PM   #12
stop__dreaming
Addict
stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
Agreed about how "exciting" they are, but I really liked the first 3 and they have always kept me turning pages. I haven't read the others yet. The last three were all written much later than the originals, 1968-1972 vs 1990 and 2001, so I have been concerned that the newer ones won't mesh well with the originals.

stop__dreaming: Any particular reason you are looking specifically for trilogies? Will any series work provided the individual volumes are within your length guidelines?

The Riftwar books are excellent, although it has been a couple decades since I read the last two. Magician* can be read as a stand-alone book if desired.

(*Magician: Apprentice and Magician: Master were originally published together but have been separated in many versions to reduce the length, at least in the US.)
Not really. Just for the length to be honest. Don't want to get into a 'Wheel of Time' et al saga. I love Harry Potter and there's 7 of them, but they are great and didn't want that to end; so it'll have to be special.

That's good to know. 'Magician' sounds very intriguing.
stop__dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote