View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 12:40 PM   #29
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Holy $DEITY!

I have just loaded the new FBReader 0.6
Holy $DEITY! This is unbelievable.

This is what you get when you make your device open and very talented hackers and tinkerers can improve the system instead of trying to break into the system to make smallest changes.

The config menu is on two pages now.
You can set Font change step from 1 to 10
You can set Hyphenations for many, MANY languages
You can set Hyphenations minimum word length
form 3 to 10
You can set Space adjustment limit to Off or 10 to 50% with step 10
You can set page turns by use of Accelerometer, set style and tilt angle
You can set page invert to black, either to off, or to number of pages without invert
You can Disable status, show info instead
You can Re-enable non-TTF fonts
and last but not least
You can edit styles for FB2 documents, so you can fine tune all 37 built in styles. You can save your styles configuration under a name and load it later. For particular style, like Regular paragraph you can set font, base font, vertical displacement, hyphenation, space after, space before, left indent, right indent, first line indent, text alignment, line spacing and other interesting things. It even imported my hand-tweaked styles.xml You do not have to connect the reader to your PC and edit styles.xml to change the way your documents are displayed in FBReader.

I have got some questions.
What fonts besides TTF I can use now?
What does the Re-enable non-TTF fonts option do?
How exactly the Disable status, show info instead option works? What does it mean that I can select 3 to 10 seconds?

Last edited by kacir; 02-02-2010 at 01:01 PM.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote