Thread: Sad Sigil news?
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 05:13 PM   #30
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
Dear lady,
If you were willing to pick-up Sigil and develop it as a commercial product, I for one would be willing to pay a fair price for it. This is especially true if buyers were able to recommend changes and additions and pay for upgrades This would also ensure that all your requirements are met and also offset some of your costs and possibly make a profit. I am also interested only in windows.

Now I will duck behind a barricade.
Charlie:

You're a darling laddie, but a) not in the software development business, and what I know about what makes Sigil tick would rattle around inside a peanut shell, and b) I actually think--although I could be wrong--that Valloric's original TOS or license specifically prohibited that, didn't it? And, seriously--I could be wrong about that. That's what I think were the stipulations, but I'd have to go back and look. I know he never objected to private forkage, but I think--think--that he didn't want forked commercial product. Think.

If we fork it, I'll just go find someone who can work with it, and tweak it as we need it. I'm in no position--I'm really not--to provide paid software or software support. I'm not. I just don't have the manpower or the resources to do a decent job of it--which tells you how much blood sweat and tears user_none has put in this past year or so.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote