View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 11:10 AM   #4
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by htaylor View Post
I have been waiting for years for a good, reasonably priced ebook reader. I want one that will read or be able to convert my existing books (many formats) 25 GB I really do not want to have wasted the time it has taken me to collect and file these books.

So should what should I buy? Or should I wait a bit longer?
Whatever computer you buy, there will always be a better one for a better price than you paid.
Whatever computer you ever buy it will be slightly obsolete even before you bring it home from the shop.

If you want wait for a better deal you will find indefinitely.
You might decide to wait for that cybook Gen3, however.

I am happy with my Sony Reader.
I am unhapy with Connect site, Connect software, and some other aspects, but with the reader it is the screen that counts. And screen is *marvelous*. You should have a look at a device with an e-paper screen.

Even if your collection is huge, you will read only one book at the time anyway.
What *I* personally do is: format by hand just a few books I am going to read in the near future. By the time you will have read 100 of your books, your reader will be obsolete or worn out and you will have to convert the entire collection again.

Unless, that is, those 25 gigabytes of books are manga scanned with 600dpi in uncompressed bitmaps ;-)
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote