View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 12:28 PM   #2
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
... [/b]Nominations can be set in any time period and published in any time period, but they should be written during the time period selected.[/B] ...
Your requirements for the category sound a little different then what I was expecting, could I get a little clarification?

I was thinking of nominating The English Patient. I've been meaning to read it, and it appears to be set in a specific time period which seems relavent to the plot? It was published in 1992, so I'll assume it was written around 1990. (the story actually takes place towards the end of WWII). So I should vote for 1981-2000?

I'm thinking I should skip the nomination phase, as I'm not qualified to judge what is a good example of "Time Period" literature.

Thanks.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote