View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 02:08 PM   #14
toomanybooks
Addict
toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, Ipod Touch, KIndle Fire
I think that I read the Glenny translation the first time I read this and the P&V translation this time. Perhaps I am not picky enough about my translations but both worked for me.

I agree about Margarita being the bravest and best character. She is my favorite character. I laugh at Ivan Homeless and the others characters do come off as puppets to be manipulated at times, but I truly care about what happens to Margarita. I have read most of Bulgakov's other work and I think it is well done but minor writing. In his last novel he managed to combine his style and sense of humour with a character I could truly connect to which makes this book his masterpiece.
toomanybooks is offline   Reply With Quote