View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 03:33 PM   #1
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Compiling Sigil on Windows 7 64-bit? Errors...

I thought I would have a dabble with tweaking a few things in the Sigil source. I am using:
- Sigil 0.3.2 source code.
- cmake 2.8.3
- QT 4.7.1 libraries
- VS.Net 2010
- Windows 7 64-bit

However I am confused about whether to try to generate a 64-bit or 32-bit build of Sigil. I first tried the 32-bit build (ran cmake for VS.Net 2010) and Sigil compiles fine (built from within VS.Net), however when I try to run the built Sigil exe I get this error:

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.

No idea what that error means. The application event log just has the same error information in it that I could see. So close and yet so far...

So I thought I would try building it as a 64-bit version instead, creating another bin folder using cmake for VS.Net 64-bit. However that will not compile, giving the following error:

error LNK1112: module machine type 'X86' conflicts with target machine type 'x64' D:\Sigil\bin64\src\Sigil\QtWebKitd4.lib(QtWebKitd4 .dll) Sigil

I am not a C++ developer in the day job so fumbling around in the dark here. Any gurus out there who could enlighten me as to either of these errors and what I need to do? Many thanks for your help.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote