View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 06:00 PM   #1126
RoninTech
Groupie
RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Nook Colour, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Nexus 7, Nexus 5, Pixel
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
Probably not (and updating the screen would only need to happen once per minute), but you could run into ghosting/legibility issues fairly quickly.
Cool. I can't see ghosting being an issue for something that changes once a minute since it's a small screen and our page turns would clear the screen. Unless someone reads REEEAAAAL slow and then sleep would kick in anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
The other part of the power use equation is that it would have to keep the processor live in a more highly powered up state to know when it needed to change the time. I believe Kobo talked about these points waaayyyyy back when at one point.
Do screen touches to change pages, enter menus etc. not require the processor to do stuff? I would guess that handling real time clock events once a minute wouldn't be a big deal, power wise.
RoninTech is offline   Reply With Quote