View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 03:12 AM   #6
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
You can disable the text-wrapping around the chapter pictures by changing the first lines of the OEBPS/css/style.css file that you can find inside the epub (edit with Sigil, or with any text editor after extracting from the epub, which is just a renamed zip):

Code:
/* Wrap text around chapter titles: */
@import url("wrap.css");
/* Do not wrap text around chapter titles: */
/* @import url("nowrap.css"); */
Simply comment out (or delete the) "wrap.css" line and uncomment the "nowrap.css" line, i.e., make it look like this:

Code:
/* Wrap text around chapter titles: */
/* @import url("wrap.css"); */
/* Do not wrap text around chapter titles: */
@import url("nowrap.css");
If you want to remove those images completely, add "display: none;" to the div.chapter-head block in the same file.
That is just a superb idea, Jellby, thanks so much. I'm going to download the ebook to check out your CSS.

P.S. I working on The Innocents Abroad with grannyGrumpy. it has well over two hundred illustrations, some with text flowing around and some not, and with different proportions; it will be interesting to see if I can work out a way of using the same markup for the right or left floated images and the centred or full width images.

Last edited by AlexBell; 05-20-2013 at 03:20 AM.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote