View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 05:34 PM   #54
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
I am going to say something hear that I know is going to get a lot of you screaming but here goes. There seems to be a concept that the AD types keep hammering home that you do not have anything unless it is so and so Brand or you are not with it unless you have so and so brand. I have found it over my 50 plus years working and consuming products that the Brand names in most cases never last any longer and in a lot of case will not last at all. And in most cases you are paying as much for the name as you are for what the product is. When I was raising my kids I would always have the disagreements with them about the fact that they could not be caught death with anything but this or that brand of this or that. No that they have their own kids I have to rub it in when I hear them give their kids the same speach that I gave them.
Now I do believe that you get what you pay for but I choose not to pay for a name. I want a product that works and does what I need it for or at least what I believed that I needed it for when I got it. And I am always happy when it does more than I asked for and even happier when I find out that it can be improved to do even more with out more money put into it. For that reason I am extremely happy with my Ezreader. I does with I believed it would and I am finding as the firmware is improved that it does even more that Astak really listens and are willing to make it better.

Just my two cents.

Chuck
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote