View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 04:39 AM   #8
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughingVulcan View Post
[snip]
Tip, though: They told me that the 2 year ADH warranty would be fulfilled on this repair, and that I'd have to purchase a new one for the new unity if/when it arrives.[snip]
So they're figuring that 2-years is up the moment your reader is damaged and they actually have to make good on the extended warranty? What kind of legalese b.s. is that?

Is there any fine print you can see in the paperwork which says "this warranty is good for two years or until you actually use it, whichever comes first, at which point the remainder of the two years of this contract is null and void. Any actual usage of this warranty will be considered an affront to our integrity and after we fulfill our duty to repair or replace your product, you can take what's left of this contract and shove it where the sun don't shine. Should you be silly enough to actually want further coverage under this contract, you're just s$#t out of luck and will have to give us more money for a new contract. And remember if you use that new contract, we'll screw you out of the full term that you've paid for again."

I knew there was a reason I never bought those warranties!
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote