View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 11:54 AM   #10
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Just wait 'til you start checking your epubs in different Android reader apps! Anyway, checking in ADE is probably the best first step, if it renders well there, it's got a good chance to render OK on Sony & Nook e-ink, and will do pretty well in Android apps that support ADE.

Checking on a device is also highly recommended, just this past weekend I had an epub that worked fine in ADE, and barfed on my Sony T1. Turned out I had managed to duplicate a couple of IDs on links. I was about to tear my hair out over that one before I tracked it down.

When you get into other reader apps, like Moon+, FBReader, Coolreader and the like, expect most of your hard won styling to be less appealing than you would wish. Those apps allow the reader to customize a lot of stuff. The key is that your ebook should remain readable, even if not as you envisioned it looking.

I'm sort of a control freak, but I've learned that you have to give a lot of that up with ebooks. There's no one reading system, people have lots of choices between devices and apps.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote