View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 03:10 AM   #1
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Amazon Kindle rating system: In the land of the Blind...

... the pretty picture bites the hand that feeds it.

A recent topic in the Deals, Freebies, and Resources forum regarding the Fictionwise offering of The Chambers Dictionary (secured mobipocket... useless for my Kindle or Sony) got me searching for Kindle dictionaries on Amazon.

I got sidetracked by the Devil's Dictionary by Ambrose Bierce.

There are 9 Kindle versions.

They all have the exactly same 45 reviews.

Having been bitten before by Amazon's "Anyone with a computer and balls made of brass can publish books" policy (I am sure there is a formal name for this policy... but I like my description better) I do not want to be burned by another poorly formatted, slapped together crap fest. even if it only costs me 95 cents.

How can one know if the kindle version they are purchasing is a labor of love, or a stinking pile of panda poo if all the reviews are for the same theoretical version?

I ask you!

I do not expect an answer.

Donn

- HISTORY, n. An account mostly false, of events mostly unimportant, which are brought about by rulers mostly knaves, and soldiers mostly fools. - Ambrose Bierce
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote