View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 05:29 PM   #1
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
Non-ugly Market install for v2.0.5

**** NOTE THAT I DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT THIS WILL WORK FOR YOU. IT WORKS FOR ME. I DO NOT BELIEVE THIS CAN HARM YOUR IQ, BUT I MAKE NO GUARANTEES ***

This is for v2.0.5 of the IQ firmware. Make sure you have flashed that FIRST!

After reading the complicated instructions for getting an Android Id to install the market to the IQ.... I decided to make an install that is very similar to the one for the White Pandigital Novel.

1) Install Launcher Pro and Enable USB Debugging from the Shortcuts->Activities->Settings->Development Settings. (Long press on the screen to get Shortcuts option).
2) Unzip InstallMarketToIQ.zip
3) Connect IQ via USB and install the ADB USB Driver (you can use the driver inf in the zip file).
4) Run batch file from zipfile on your PC: install_market_only.bat
5) Unplug USB and make sure WiFi is turned on
6) Run the market application and Login
7) If you get the server error after retrying a couple of times, set the date back one day and reopen the Market.
8) Once in the market install one application and exit
9) Fix the date back if you changed it
10) Connect IQ to USB and run batch file: restoreFramework.bat

You should be good after that. The zip file: http://www.mediafire.com/?41yz9mzqoq3kmbv
contains the files you will need other than LauncherPro: http://www.launcherpro.com/

For anyone interested in the details, I decompiled the IQ framework.jar and replaced the TelephonyManager.smali with a patched one for a WPDN and recompiled the jar. The patch code generates an androidId. To give proper credit, I believe the original patch was done by Clockworx (xda-developers) and the framework.jar that I extracted patched smali file from, I got from one of kewlguys (slatedroid) patches.

Last edited by tselling; 04-04-2011 at 01:10 AM.
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote