View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 08:23 PM   #90
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
I have some basic (dumb) questions about the NC when rooted. (Currently I'm just looking & don't have an NC.)
  1. Does the B&N purchase/DL still work th same?
  2. Does the sync with other devices still work?
  3. Do you need Nook for Android to read books?
  4. I've seen comments about Kindle for Android. Are there other ebook readers that you've tried? E.g. Aldika, FBReader, ereader, PalmBook?
  5. Does the dictionary still work (if you use the B&N reader)?
  6. Have you compared browsing speed with other mobile devices? If so, how do they compare?

Thanks for the help.
You don't lose any of the B&N eReader experience. All the functionality is there (dictionary, sync, shop, library). All of the original apps are still there. You do lose the "browse in store" feature. If you're in a B&N store you won't be able to read books for up to 1 hour.

I find the browsing experience with another browser (Dolphin Browser HD) to be comparable to other mobile devices. Dolphin gives you pinch to zoom, tabs, other goodies.

I've only tried Kindle for Android on the device. I haven't installed the others you mention.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote