Thread: MobileRead February 2012 - Run-Off Vote
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 10:36 PM   #16
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneD View Post
Wish I'd known that before I voted for her book. Oh well.
Sorry; I'd only noticed the runoff vote today. When I saw the full list, her name seemed familiar but I couldn't quite remember why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Though comparing FanFic to breaking into a house is a bit overboard. I suspect if she was a little bit less self-righteous there wouldn't be the stink.
She also implied that writing slash about her characters was like a forty-year-old neighbor writing smut about one's 21-year-old child. Because writing about fictional characters is so similar to making detailed fantasies about your neighbors; they're both equally likely to result assault or rape, y'know?

Had she just said, "I don't want fanfic written about my books; I hate fanfic because it's all so bad"--people would've grumbled, pointed out that most of all writing is bad, and they're sorry she hasn't seen the good stuff but she's not obligated to look for it, and gone on their merry way. Instead, she decided to throw vitriol at a large group of her most devoted fans, never a good business move for an author.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote