View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 09:53 AM   #16
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
I've not read a James Bond book, but I've seen some Bond films and I'd say some of those films are Cold War spy thrillers that are light, fun and a good time!
I'm afraid you are making the mistake of assuming the Bond films bear any resemblance to the books . Apart from the first couple, the only similarity is the title and name of the protagonist, and maybe a few ancilliary characters. Try reading The Spy Who Loved Me, for example. The film and the book are so dissimilar (the book is told from a woman's point of view, for a start!) that they might as well be from different planets.

I voted for Black Rain again, as I just don't like le Carré. Not sure why, but I think the tedious Alex Guiness portrayals of George Smiley have put me off for life.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote