View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 07:55 PM   #9
Luke King
Member Retired
Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Well, they're kind of right, and I'm not too worried about it.

It is too short, makes no sense (in terms of its conclusion), and is aimed at the sixth grade.

I would assume the middle comment is from someone aged around twelve, while the others are from older readers - the problem with putting a book into the children's and young adult categories. The older readers aren't impressed.

I really only posted this (the comments) because I thought it was funny.

Overall it's got a rating of three and half stars at Apple, the only place where it has any ratings, and I think that's about right, or maybe generous, if anything.

It's not badly written. It "has a good use of words". And it is interesting, as far as it goes, but I wrote it ten years ago, and I'm not overly worried about its reception. I know its flawed. I really only want to use it as a springboard for the other children's/young adult novel I have (written a little later, and actually novel length). It's probably not a good idea to use something not very good to promote something better...

Anyway, when I've finished redrafting the next, I'll probably give over writing for children. It's a long time since I've tried it, and it doesn't really interest me anymore.
Luke King is offline   Reply With Quote