View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 07:14 PM   #6
Stinger
Asha'man
Stinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo
Quote:
<p>CHAPTER ONE There was a faint smell of oil, turpentine and beeswax in the shop

I see the problem now.

I think I need to put a header or something in so tell Calibre that there is a chapter break.

Does anyone have a clue as to what should be there. 20 chapters in this book so manually editing should not be a problem.
Nice, if you have no issues manually editting it, here is what you need to do for calibe to autodetect the chapter headings by default. Just take 'CHAPTER ONE' text out of that P tag, and add a H2 tag around it. So it would look like this:

<H2>CHAPTER ONE</H2>
<p>There was a faint smell of oil, turpentine and beeswax in the shop ....

NOTE: When you try to reconvert the file, Calibre might default back to TXT->EPUB conversion, be sure to select EPUB as the input (top left hand side of the conversion window). Otherwise Calibre might just reconvert the text file like it did the first time, overwriting all your changes.

ALSO: Like I mentioned above, you can use Sigil to do these manual changes, if you don't want to fudge around with tags and such in a text editor. With Sigil, you can use the standard practice of just highlighting the chapter headings and applying the H2 style via a gui. Sigil will automatically add these entries to the TOC as well, so you won't need to reconvert after fixing it.

Last edited by Stinger; 06-01-2010 at 07:21 PM.
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote