View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 12:16 PM   #1
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
God the Autobiography - Free from Univ. of Chicago Press

Quote:
In the month of July we are pleased to offer you God: The Autobiography, a selection from our summer crop of Chicago Shorts.

Franco Ferrucci’s God: The Autobiography begins the story of his creation. But, says god, “I admit, right from the start, that it was foolish to create winter … for all my love of the light I still have my dark side. Winter wasn’t my only half-baked idea.” Ferrucci’s god is, in the words of Umberto Eco, “a supreme but imperfect entity” and the “extraordinary” story Ferrucci concocts is “religiously enlightened and orthodoxically heretical.” The god of this autobiography is a tender and troubled soul, in need of understanding companions—and readers.
http://www.press.uchicago.edu/books/freeEbook.html
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote