View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 06:47 PM   #16355
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Decided to read SPQR by John Maddox Roberts next. I got my Latin dictionary ready. Should be fun
Interesting mystery set in Ancient Rome between period of Sulla and Julius Caesar. Lots of details about Roman politics, religion and culture. I was not aware of the concept of hospitium until now. The actual mystery part was obvious ... everyone was guilty. The Romans loved conspiracies. The book written as a memoir of an aging public official. May read the next in the series in future. Rated C- [3 stars].

Next is a change-up. Bloodchild and Other Stories by Octavia E. Butler.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote