View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 08:29 PM   #51
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
I would like to see the recently added sort in the book list as well in as the collections. Then the recentlly read list might be able to be sorted by recently read instead of added books pushing the actual recently read books down the list. Knuth would be most dismayed

Due to the fact that there is a recently added sort in the collections, I think that the Kobo programmer just became confused and forgot what he did with it and will someday remember and all will be well.
"Recently added" in the shelves is not the same as the "Recently read" sorting. "Recently added" is referring to when the book was added to the shelf, not to the device. The "Recently read" sort uses the timestamp of when the book was added to the device and when it was last read and uses the most recent of these. That sentence is terrible. If you know SQL, it is doing:

Code:
SELECT max(DateLastRead, ___SyncTime), Title, Attribution, ___FileSize
FROM content
WHERE contentType = 6
ORDER BY 1 DESC
And yes, that makes a lot more sense to me than any equivalent English sentence.

And before anyone asks, I don't have access the the source. The above comes from observation and experimenting. It doesn't give exactly the list, but it is the right order.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote