View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 01:57 PM   #7
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanna View Post
Actually, no. Kobo doesn't have an app store. Right out of the box, you access the Google Play store to download apps. They have an organizational system called "Tapestries" to group together the content on the Arc, but the device is not locked into using just the Kobo store. Even their older and limited tablet, the Vox, is the same way. Without rooting the device, I downloaded the Kindle app and several other reading apps and am using them on the device. I can't access Nook, though, because B&N doesn't make that available to Canadians. Similarly, Kindle and B&N locks Canadians out of their app stores, but I can use Google Play.
I meant, I easily can use the Kobo and the nook apps on Kindle Fire HD.
You don't even have to root Kindle Fire HD for that, you just can sideload the apps.
I have to try on my nook HD, don't have a Kobo Arc yet.
In the worst case you have to root, but somehow you can bring all the apps to any tablet/reader,

But anyway, that's not what I'd like to do.
I'd like to have the "original" Kobo, nook, Kindle look and feel on the respective others. Not just the apps, but the entire UI.
I'm not interested in other apps, such as games or movie players. Just the reading experience. But not only the reading apps, I'd like to see the whole package.
Now I have Nexus 7 with all apps, plus Kindle Fire HD plus nook HD, soon (not available yet in Germany) Kobo Arc.
Wouldn't it be much more convenient, to have all 3 (Kobo, nook, Kindle) UIs on the very same tablet? For example a multi-boot Nexus 7? In addition, one still could use the pure Android experience and install plenty of apps there.

Last edited by mgmueller; 11-21-2012 at 02:26 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote