View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 01:43 AM   #532
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvar View Post
Hello, thanks so much for this wonderful plugin.

I have a couple of questions which I hope you can answer.

1. You say that we should be careful or Goodreads will ban the plugin, but it seems that it is only when adding to shelves on Goodreads. I am currently trying to get my Calibre library under control, and so I am linking to Goodreads. I am not syncing my books to Goodreads, so no adding to shelves. Is this a problem? If so, I'll limit myself to 500 books a day, would that be too many?
If you are only using the link function, that is fine. The issue arises more for people using the sync, add to shelf or tags as shelves features where they are doing very large numbers of books. However linking is done one book at a time, which means you several seconds elapse between each book, which is perfectly acceptable, do as many as you like.
Quote:
2. When linking to Goodreads, I do blocks of 50 books at a time. Sometimes the plugin comes up with more than one result and I have to manually click each one to see what link gets me the most book info. Would it be possible to add format and isbn to the link box, that would make it easier to decide, and would lessen the load on Goodread's servers.
I will have to check what information I have available beyond what is currently presented. If the existing calls I make bring this information back then no issue with adding it to the display. However if the info isn't there and it requires a further call per edition of the book to get it then it definitely won't be added.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote