View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 10:38 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by daBigR-- View Post
Hi,
I had Calibre on my work PC and I hadn't used it for a while, when I opened it today it reported an update to 0.9.5 was available. So I downloaded it and installed it with no error but when Calibre started it reported the same update was available and in the lower left corner it says it's version 0.8.52, I don't remember if that was the version I had before upgrading or not - I don't think so but I'm not sure. I tried to reinstall 0.9.5 and it detected it was already installed and only offered options to change, repair or uninstall. I tried repairing the install with no errors and it stil reports version 0.8.52. I tried installing 0.9.4 but the installer said there already was a newer version installed. I didn't think of anything else to try so I couldn't solve the problem. Any ideas?
Be sure Calibre (and content-server if running) are stopped. Check the OS taskmanager
Did you use a 'download manager' (avoid )? Did you have 'Admin rights'?
Normal Calibre installs overlay the existing one. Uninstall (the preferences and Library remain) and try again with a fresh download (discard the one that failed)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote