View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 08:20 PM   #6
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
I know in my current works that two problems have arisen from too many characters and/or POV. The first is that in a group of protagonists (just six in this case) one in particular sometimes doesn't seem to get much of a look-in: little of the dialogue or action: it risks making the character look shallow or unimportant and yet, in my head at least, they are neither. The second is that the book has branched into more separate threads than I had planned (about 6 at the moment), and that makes it more difficult to tell the story: trying to keep up that many distinct voices, trying to fit the story of each thread in without dragging out the entire thing too far.

Having written the above it appears that "6" might be what I think is too many, but I'm guessing this will vary with the author and the context.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote