View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 12:40 PM   #10
Marrella
Cambrian crab
Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Pocket Book, Kobo, Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I thought the novella Hugo category was pretty good and the worst novella was better than the best novelette and the best short story.

I also ought to read Osama. It is waiting for me on one of my eInk readers.
I thought Osama was pretty good. Very strange, I didn't like the main character, but it still made turn the pages (or rather click the page forward button).

At the moment, I got stuck concerning my Hugo & Nebula reading. I should perhaps abandon Kiss Me Twice by Mary Robinette Kowal. I just can't seem to get into it and always find excuses to read something else.

I realize that I have actually read three out of five in the novel category of the World Fantasy Award Nominees: Osama, Among Others and A Dance With Dragons. I have heard of the other two, but not read them.

One of the short story nominees was one of my favorites last year: Younger Women by Karen Joy Fowler. Just don't read it if you are a fan of Twilight.

Recently, I finished After the Apocalypse by Maureen McHugh, which was pretty good, too. I have also read about half of the Tim Powers collection, maybe I should dig that one out again and finish it...
Marrella is offline   Reply With Quote