View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 05:08 AM   #1
werunom
werunom began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Syncing notes, highlights of personal documents

Hello all.

I have few personal documents, which I have converted to azw and loaded to the kindle 3. And while reading in the kindle, I have highlighted various points and have written few notes.
But there are times when I want to read the same documents in my PC. I have put the same documents in azw format in Kindle for PC. But I am not finding a way to manually copy/transfer the clippings.txt from my K3 to PC so that I get the same highlights and notes.
Is there a way to do that?

While trying several possibilities, I tried the following. I deleted a book [personal doc converted to azw] in my K3 which had several highlights. I copied the fresh copy to K3. The clippings.txt still has the old copy's highlights and notes. but when i open the fresh copy, the kindle says that there are no notes & highlights.
I thought that even though I put a new copy of the same book, the Kindle would be able to match the highlights from clippings.txt to this new copy of the same book. But it is not doing that.
Is there a way out of this trouble?

Basically I have these questions -
> How to see the same highlights and notes in my PC for personal documents, which have been highlighted in my K3?
> In k3, i want to map the clippings present in txt to the new copy of the same book copied

Thanks guys. Any help would be appreciable.
werunom is offline   Reply With Quote