View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 04:12 PM   #6
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ext233 View Post
i think the problem was a corrupt .mobi that i had converted, which was 'infecting' the books near it and causing them not to display correctly. i isolated the offending book, re-converted it and everything's working now. ^^
Glad you figured it out. Usually Kindles are very good for beeing predictably consistant. They assume and expect sometimes a bit too much that what you feed them is correct. Amazon optimized the Kindles to work for THEIR store, thus YOU are on your own if you feed in non-amazon conforming side loaded files.

You can't really blame them, they do a very good job. If a hardware-only company was to sell a device exactly like the Kindle with same features and all, then you would have to pay a lot more money. Kindles don't cost a lot, but they are not "cheap" in a sense as cheap and crap. They are worth a lot more than their sticker price.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote