View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 01:22 AM   #1
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Inserting com.apple.ibooks.display-options.xml file in EPUB

Hi

I produce EPUB with embedded fonts. According to our MR wiki, if I wish iBooks to use my "specified fonts", I need to add to META-INF a com.apple.ibooks.display-options.xml file with the following text.

Spoiler:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<display_options>
<platform name="*">
<option name="specified-fonts">true</option>
</platform>
</display_options>

I would like to know what is the simplest and easiest way to do it. What I tried (which failed) is:
- rename epub to zip and extract here.
- open META-INF and add the com.apple.ibooks.display-options.xml file
- create a new folder. Name it.
- insert the new META-INF folder (with the new file)
- insert mime and OEBPS folders
- compress to zip
- rename to EPUB.

Easy to do but, it does not work. Something in the above process is wrong and the newly created EPUB can't be opened.

PS: XML processing instructions in all my EPUBs begin with:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>
I do not know if this may conflict with the new com.apple file.

Last edited by roger64; 09-30-2012 at 01:34 AM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote