View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 02:40 PM   #63
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I say leave the 5 nominations. Maybe it was a slow month. Maybe it is a weak category. Maybe people are favoring ebooks (my reason for not nominating more books).
Yes people definitely favor books available as ebooks. The problem with that policy is that it in turn favors books old enough to be in the public domain or recent enough so that release as an ebook generally occurs simultaneously with the paper book release. That makes any time period from about 1930 to 2000 problematic. That's a lot of great literary works no matter what the category.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
That was my issue for adding support to the originally nominated books as well. The time period can probably be blamed, but I do wonder if 5 nominations is too many. I'm not going to second a book I haven't investigated beyond the posted blurb and it's a lot of work to do that due diligence to use up all 5 nominations.
I know that you do not mean this to the logical end, but taken at that each person would nominate their own choice or choices and not second (or third, fourth, fifth) the choices of anyone else. That would make a requirement for two nominations too much.