View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 10:58 AM   #14
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe_alter_ego View Post
There is one thing that seems strange to me.
After each power-on, the first time I try to enter the "SD Card" item on the "home screen", it takes about 7 (seven) seconds before I get the card's contents displayed (the "main" / "root" directory of this card contains just around 10 subdirectories, nothing else). Subsequent actions are "fast", however (i.e. when I "exit" the "SD Card" item / "return" to the "home screen", and then I "enter" it again, I can see the card's contents displayed without "delay"). Also traversing the subdirectory structure seems always "fast" (even on the first try).

On the other hand, a similar "problem" exists for the "Internal Storage" item. After each power-on, the first time I try to enter it, it takes about 3 to 4 seconds before I get its contents displayed (just some 5 subdirectories, nothing else).
In the setup, there is an option "Metadata Extraction". If you choose "yes", all metadata are read before opening the directory. It could be very long when you have many files. I choose "no".
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote